Monday, October 6, 2008

Short Poem

The Poem below is...I suppose inspired. I have no clue what it means. I felt I needed to write it, so I did. Call me loony. 

The Skeleton

The lonely skeleton curled up beside me
No real grave to shelter it
Its cream white bones weightless free
Five days it sat and sat
But nothing did
Until I would say "Begone!" and it would wither until another day
When would it reappear.

A sad comfort it me kept
Neither fearful nor angry
But yet I dismissed it hence
Till once its spectre did I see
Rise and stand and stare at me.
Full three hours did it stay
When it crawled and across did come
And seeing the messenger of light
To say its farewells and leave its message
A pool of lonely acid to become.

So do I remember that old skeleton.
That once dead corpse now undone
Its lonely message I do descry
And solid honor shall this keep
To its old legacy.

No comments: